Saturday, March 5, 2011

Simple Discoveries


I came across this picture on Ebay. I find a lot of interesting things on that site. The thing that caught my eye was the tiny, pink purse in the hand of this substantial woman. And her face looks so peaceful - serene.. This portrait was colorized by the photographer to add a bit of contrast. I'm not sure of the technique but the effect to me is dream like.



This metal heart-shaped trivet came to me years ago. I search for items that look as if they've been made for someone special - the folk heart collection.  I was walking through Riley's Antique Store in Greenfield. I walked right past this heart and then it was as if I saw it in hindsight. I did a double take and stepped back. It hung just above eye level, on a display rack, almost out of sight. If it weren't for some weird, intuitive vision, I would have totally missed it. I assume that it was made to be a trivet. Yet, it might also be a love token from a gifted tinsmith, who put a lot of time in on this heart, for the one they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment