Sunday, February 12, 2012

ROYAL COUPLE



When I came across this picture, I was sure that I had stumbled onto a photograph of royalty. The only identifying marks were attributed to the photographer. Though this couple is unknown, this is a picture of elegance. Actually, in Victorian times, it was not unusual for women to wear navy blue wedding dresses. And oh, those beautiful flowers.







Several years ago, I was in Riley's Antiques Emporium in Greenfield, Indiana. In the back of this establishment, they had an area that is all textiles. I was looking through a huge box of fabric and knitted remnants, when I pulled out this crocheted heart strip. I was stunned by it's beauty and craftsmanship. Of course one wonders what the artist had intended for this lovely item.



No comments:

Post a Comment