Saturday, January 5, 2013

American Gothic - Revisited


I came across this photograph many years ago on Ebay. The seller referred to the couple as American Gothic part 2 or maybe it was American Gothic Revisited. Needless to say, they do have that "You can't read me" look. The man looks a bit cornered. I love the big hands. I believe the process in this type of picture was to take a photograph and alter the image with paint. So sometimes the features would look a little exaggerated as the artist outlined them. I also love the delicate blue ribbon/pin at her neck - sort of a mini bowtie. They're a power couple, at least in their own relationship.





And speaking of art, this simple piece is basically glitter over letters to reveal a dazzling message! I found this at a yard sale, several years ago. The dazzle of the glitter and the sweet message, just seemed perfect for the MLM.




No comments:

Post a Comment